Friday, November 24, 2006

Welcome to the day after Thanksgiving in America. Here in the South, people pretend yesterday never even existed and hibernated until 3:00 AM this morning, when they all awoke in unison to go shopping. The lines at Kohl's were around the building at 5:00 AM. Most of the things that Wal-Mart was selling were gone by 5 minutes after 5:00 AM. How do I know this? Second hand, as I (being a smart northerner) blissfully stayed in my comfy bed until 9:00 AM. My mom was foolhardy enough to go out and brave the masses of humanity this morning. She wanted to buy some computer that was 50% off. They only had seven, and they were all gone by the time they got there.

My shopping consisted of going to Kohl's.com at 1:00 AM to get a lot of the bargains I wanted. I was able to get about 2/3 of the items I wanted, but not all of the specials were available online. I need to thank Lindsay for that little tidbit. Instead of going to the store at 5:00 AM and battling armies, I can just sit at home and get some of the same deals online. It worked fantastically.

No comments: