Friday, February 15, 2008

I took Lindsay to see Wicked last night. It was ok. I liked Lion King better, primarily because of the good technical set work in that.

The story in Wicked was clever and easy to get in to because of the familiar Wizard of Oz setting. I liked how they tied in the xenophobic attitudes into world history and into our present times. "You're a crusader or an invader, depending on whose eyes your looking through." That sort of thing. I saw strong parallels to the civil rights movement and to the war on terror. That part I wasn't expecting. It was nice to see some depth there.

I guess that's about it for my review.

We're heading down to Nags Head NC tonight. We fly into Norfolk and then take a rental car the rest of the way. We'll be there until Tuesday.

It's supposed to be in the 60's most of the time we'll be there, which will definitely be a nice departure from Ohio at this point.

1 comment:

bmp1965 said...

The aspect of Wicked I found most fascinating was the twisting of the truth to sway public perception - sadly, a strong parallel to the current regime.