Sunday, March 7, 2004

The freaking guy was fixated on the timing belt and the oxygen sensor. Somewhere he apparently read that if you're not getting good gas mileage, that is the reason. Too bad for him he was reading about the regular 200 SX and not the SE-R. The regular 200 SX gets 30 city and 40 highway while the SE-R gets 23 and 31. When I told him my actual mileage was about 22 and 30 he seemed appalled. That's when he kept asking "Have you changed the timing belt and the oxygen sensor?"

What the hell. I have no idea. Here's how it works:

Step 1: Car has problem.
Step 2: I take it to the dealer.
Step 3: Dealer says "You have a problem with the flux capacitor."
Step 4: I say "I don't care how much it costs, just fix it."
Step 5: It's fixed.

I showed him my maintenance records, but apparently I need to create one that specifically says "CHANGED TIMING BELT AND O2 SENSOR. HOORAY FOR BETTER GAS MILEAGE."

I'm freaking getting the best damn possible gas mileage you can get. This is a SE-R. Phonetically spelled like this : ESSSSSSSSSSS EEEEEEEEEEEEEE AAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRRR. SE-R. 23/31. I get 22/30. Stop freaking out.

No comments: