Tuesday, January 6, 2004

Money to spend, money to spend. What thou shalt I spend thee on? I feel as though I don't have enough electronics in my life. Pioneer has announced a 102 Hr TiVo combined with a DVD-RW drive, so instead of recording off to a video tape, you can store 4.7 glorious gigs on your nearest DVD. Sounds promising, but at $800 I think I'll wait a year or ten. A more practical thing would be to buy a lifetime subscription for my TiVo instead of my current monthly subscription.

I could get an Alpine in-dash car DVD player with LCD, but the question is, do I really need to watch DVD's in my dash? Yes. The real question is, do I really want to pay for that pleasure? Maybe not.

I need some new shoes too. Ryan recommends the Saucony Grid Hurricanes I believe. I was satisfied with the last two pairs of Saucony's that I got, so maybe I'll give them a try.

I was watching a show called Rides on TLC tonight. They following the construction of the new concept Shelby Cobra. I have to say, it looks pretty nice. From the side I find it to be very similar to a BMW Z4. That's not necessarily a bad thing though, as that's one of the few BMW's I like.

The Detroit Auto Show is going on now, and while there aren't any (in my opinion) wild vehicles this year that compare to the Tomahawk last year, there are some nice new vehicles. I like the Chrysler ME Four-Twelve, Chevy Nomad, the C6 Corvette, and the Acura HSC. The Dodge Sling Shot looks promising, but it needs more engine. I don't like the Ford Five Hundred, the Honda IMAS, or the Honda Kiwami.

No comments: