Saturday, January 3, 2004

It's almost time to return to regularly scheduled programming... My mom is leaving tonight after a 2-week stay, and I go back to work on Monday, so things will be back to normal. Mookie is coming in for a few hours on Sunday, so that should be fun.

Over the break I saw Lord of the Rings : Return of the King. It gets a rating of 10. Definite Purchase It was really good... better than Two Towers I thought, but not as good as Fellowship. Most people seem to disagree with me on that and think it was the best of the three, but most people are wrong.

I also completely destroyed the new Mario Kart. There is nothing left for me to do in order to show my dominance, with the possible exception of me lifting my leg on it as if it were a fire hydrant.

The Purdue game was disappointing, but I'm actually proud of how they came back. The seniors finally showed up and played with some pride and salvaged the game. Orton missed a wide open receiver in the left corner of the endzone at the end of overtime however. The TiVo clearly shows there is no one within 10 feet of him.

There is a new poker table in my sports room, and it was christened on New Years Eve. I promptly was the first one to lose all their chips however, so I hope to re-christen it in a winning fashion soon.

Someone in South Euclid (about 10 miles from me) bought a winning power ball ticket worth $132 million, but they have yet to claim the money. Maybe the winds of fortune will blow the ticket out of their hands and into my window. Oh the fortess of solitude I could buy with $132 million... complete with peasants and big breasted peasant women feeding me grapes.

The Cavs have no offense to speak of. I imagine it goes something like this in the huddle during a time out :

Coach Silas : OK, here's the plan. I want you bring it up the court so slowly that you barely make it over half-court before a 10 second violation. After that I demand that you all stand so still that the fans can mistake you for maniquins. When, and only when the shot clock gets to 2 seconds may you start to dribble. If you want to turn it over before that though, that's your perogotive. If there are more than zero passes before a shot you will be benched. That is all.

The Browns did the only sensible thing they could do during the last week of the season... win a game and therefore move down 5 spots in the draft. Terrific.

USC beat Michigan. I don't care. Mike Williams is very good. That's the best admission that USC will get out of me. Shut up Pete Carroll.

Ohio State sucks.

It's 55 degrees here in Cleveland on January 3rd 2004. That can only mean that the average temperature for the rest of the year will be -155 degrees to make up for it.

No comments: