Monday, July 2, 2007

My dad got taken to the emergency room via ambulance today. He had shortness of breath and some "minor" chest pains. They did an EKG on the way and found a "disturbance" in the heart. A valve was opening when it shouldn't. Now... I'm no doctor, but that doesn't sound good.

The problem was that he was having PVC (premature ventricular contractions). That most likely was causing the shortness of breath. PVC is a form of an irregular heartbeat. They're keeping him over night for observation. Originally he was planning on leaving for Maryland on Wednesday morning, but that may be up in the air now. I would really like for him to get checked out by a cardiologist before he leaves, but that might not be possible with the holiday and all.

1 comment:

boilerdowd said...

I'll pray for him...My Dad had a "minor" heart attack right before (my older brother who lives in Fishers, IN) Alan's wedding. He was alright by the time the ceremony came around. He had a stint put in and has been good-to-go since. Sounds like your Dad will be too.