Thursday, March 29, 2007

Once upon a time there was a natural gas bill. Every other month when the gas company would estimate the usage, it would skyrocket. Then the next month, the bill would be negative. Eventually the gas company got confused by this and decided to issue FOUR DIFFERENT BILLS in a single month. Which one needs to be paid? Who knows?

Could it be $509 for a month? It could be.

Could it be $333 for a month? It could also be that.

How about the $159 bill that is showing on the web site? Maybe.

Or lastly, it could be the $176 bill that I actually paid. They've re-computed me bill 5 times in the past two months, so now I have no idea what I actually owe. On top of that, when they read my meter last time, they read it way too high. I read my own meter and submitted it, then their idiotic worker came by and misread it and over rode my own. Then they came back a few days later and read it correctly, but never reported it to the company.

What I want to know is how the crap can I have a $500 gas bill for a single month? I'm never home and even when I am, it's only for a few hours at night. My programmable thermostat keeps it at 60 degrees when I'm not there. There are only two possible solutions. One is that my entire house is one giant gas explosion waiting to happen, and I'm fairly certain that that's not the reason. The more likely one is that Dominion East Ohio sucks and cannot reasonably estimate, or even apparently read, my natural gas usage.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Page too bright...makes eyes hurt.

bmp1965 said...

Is Dominion part of the First Energy 'family?' If so, no wonder you're having issues. They did not invoice my company for three months of service. I had to request an invoice and by that point we had racked up over $60K. Fortunately we accrued the charges. If I were in that accounting office, I sure wouldn't 'forget' to invoice $20K a month!!

J Money said...

My natural gas bill averages about 25-30 bucks a month. Of course, I don't heat my house with gas so that's probably part of the issue. It sounds like you have an open gas line pumping out of your house into the outside air. Free gas for everyone at Tim's!

boilerdowd said...

Tim has free gas for everyone, alright.