Monday, February 19, 2007

So here's how it went down...

I took Lindsay to a bed and breakfast this weekend. We were the only people there (other than the owners of course.) We had a loft area, game room, bedroom, and bathroom complete with two person jacuzzi all to ourselves. Downstairs there was an attached 7500 SQ feet greenhouse with in ground heated swimming pool, hot tub, and bathroom with a shower.

We had dinner in the loft Friday night and then lounged around in the hot tub basically all day Saturday. Saturday night I took her to a restaurant named The Oaks. It was very nice, but I wasn't about to propose then, because I thought she expected it.

So Sunday rolls around and we get all packed and ready to go, and I sit her down in front of my laptop and tell her to go to www.lindsay-and-tim.com. There she sees a quiz on how I went about getting her parents blessing. When she found out that I had flown out to Maryland and back on the same day when I had told her that I was at work, she started crying. She then clicked on the "Our Engagement" link. That page was the story of the weekend to that point, and what was to come. It started (and it's still up there by the way) on Friday night, went through Saturday, and ended up in "real time" as she was reading it. The final line of our story read "
The only thing left for her to do was to turn around..." When she turned around I was actually on two knees because I was so shaky. I corrected that, but I was already crying like a baby, and so was she. I actually had to go into the bathroom to blow my nose twice and get myself composed, because no matter how much I had prepared for that moment, I could not get words to come out of my mouth. At all. Once I was composed again, I asked her to marry me and she said yes!

No comments: