Tuesday, May 4, 2004

I had a dream last night. Not weirder than any other dream I've had. I just happened to write this one down.


Places in the dream
Cleveland
Pittsburgh
Chicago
Ft. Worth
Dallas
Holden House in Pennsylvania (which by the way doesn't exist)

People in the dream
Jay Leno - cutting up onions (because he is my cook?)
Hugh Hefner - Driving Fred Sanford's truck
Pamela Anderson - passenger in Fred Sanford's truck
Richard Prior - I either am Richard Prior or look like Richard Prior. He is being chased by the cops or looked for by the cops at the Dallas airport
Alvin and the Chipmunks - I ate breakfast with them at a Waffle House


And now.... the dream
I was supposed to fly to Ft. Worth to meet my brother, but apparently I just went to the airport and got on the very first plane I could find. My original ticket was from Cleveland to Ft. Worth, leaving at 2:58 PM and arriving in Ft. Worth at 1:58 PM. Instead I arrived in Pittsburgh with my mom and bought a house, the Holden House. It was huge, had about 50 rooms and I remember the door buzzer went through a subwoofer, because I couldn't hear the buzzer so I turned up the bass and then I could hear it. There were also a lot of doors to the outside that were literally right next to each other. When I went into the kitchen I could see Jay Leno outside the window cutting up onions, so I can only assume that he was either my cook or my gardener.

From there I magically ended up back on an airplane to Chicago. I remember the captain saying "2 hours down and 6 hours to go" just as I was waking up. That didn't sound right, so that's when I looked at my ticket. I asked the guy next to me what time it was and all he said was "it's 55 after." I informed him how that was not particularly helpful. The next thing I know I was taking back off in Chicago, but not from the airport. The plane was getting onto the highway and going around a pretty sharp right turn. The pilot just lifted off and banked to the right. There were some really big power lines over there, like 500 feet tall. I was wondering if we were going to fly into them, but the pilot just kept banking and turning to the right. Eventually we were upside down - in a regular passenger jet. My ex girlfriend apparently walked onto the plane as we were in the air and sat down in the back. At this point it looked more like a flying bus than an airplane. I didn't want to talk to her so I turned around and pretended I didn't see her.

We land in Dallas and my mom is there again. We go out to breakfast at Waffle House and sit with Alvin and the Chipmunks. Meatwad might also be there but I'm not sure. From there we go to what I think is my house, the Holden House in Pennsylvania, except we're still in Dallas. Hugh Hefner and Pamela Anderson drive up in Fred Sanford's truck. It's really front loaded, so they park and go into the house. I start to unload it, but all I grab is a sleeping bag, a chair, and some cardboard tube box. My mom takes the sleeping bag and says something about how heavy it is. After that I tell her that I have to go to the airport because I'm late for my flight, so she drives me there in some blue van. Once we get there, I realize that it's not safe because the cops are there looking for Richard Prior. I get a scared feeling, but I'm not sure if it's because I am Richard Prior or if I just look like him, but I decide that I can't risk flying to Ft. Worth from Dallas because I feel like the cops are looking for me. Then I realize that it's only a 35 minute drive to Ft. Worth, and that's when I leave.


No comments: