Friday, May 28, 2004

Hopefully I have no problems on the airplane today. My flights have been known to not go so smoothly however.

"Uh yeah. This is your captain. We've been informed that we're missing a part that the mechanics say we need, so we're going to have to go back to the gate now." This happened in Detroit, as I was flying to Delaware.

Terrific. There's some information that I'd just rather not know.

Later on that same flight we flew right into a horrible thunderstorm. That's the only time I've ever actually gotten air sick. I was looking out the window and the wing I'm looking at got hit by lightning. The lights go out for a second. We drop about 1000 feet. Some lady is screaming in the back. We're circling around the airport for about 90 minutes. Eventually we're running low on gas, so we have to divert to another airport. As soon as we touch down, and 50% of the passengers demand to get off, even though their luggage is going on to the original location. A hour later, we're back in the air. We touch down finally and I go to the rental car agency. They've given away my car. What's the point of the reservation then? The important part is holding the reservation. Anyone can take the reseveration. All they had left was a Taurus station wagon. Hooray. I take that and drive to my hotel, which was about 45 minutes away. Guess what? They've given out my room, but this time all they have left is the presidential suite. I finally get in there about 2:00 AM and have to leave at 6:00 AM, so I didn't even get to enjoy the room.

I flew uneventfully back to Detroit and then caught a prop job back to Cleveland. It looked like its props were held on with tape. If you've seen the Indians plane in Major League, that's what it reminded me of.

Hopefully this trip is nothing like that.

No comments: