Friday, March 20, 2009

Last night we finished everything that was on our list to be completed by this weekend. We have now taken down all of the upper cabinets and the microwave. We have removed all of the brick and the drywall from the soffit. The tile back splash has been removed. We have removed all of the drywall from the applicable walls in the kitchen.

Tonight I'm going to try to get a jump start on the lower cabinets. I'd really like to get the counter tops off and all the lower cabinets removed tonight, but I don't know if that's likely.

5 comments:

Plang said...

Did you bring in a dumpster for all of this, or are you just hauling it to the dump?

Tim said...

We have a very large garbage can provided by Waste Management. Then we have 3 additional 50 gallon cans that we generally use for yard waste. All 4 of the cans were filled above capacity though. Luckily garage is taken away today and we should be fine as 95% of the demo is already done.

Unknown said...

For the record - when Tim says "I want to work on the base cabinets" he really means, "I, along with my wonderful wife, will work on the base cabinets."

:)

Tim said...

Oh. I thought I meant that I will work on the base cabinets while my wonderful wife is out of the house for a while tonight.

But since my wonderful wife wants to work on the base cabinets with me, perhaps I will just sit out the couch and eat cereal and watch basketball until she gets home.

Unknown said...

Sounds like a plan to me! :)