Wednesday, March 4, 2009

I was able to get up close and personal with Coach Sanctions at the Cavs game tonight. Apparently his sole responsibility (at least as far as I can tell) is to coach Charlie Villanueva. He's the only player that Sanctions was talking to all night long.

I have some pictures from the game, but I don't know if any of them turned out well.

Joe Alexander, of West Virginia fame, didn't play at all. I was surprised by that, but in hindsight I shouldn't be because he sprained his ankle last week (which I didn't even realize until just now.)

The Cavs never seemed to really get it going tonight, with Z and J.J. Hickson shooting especially poorly. Every time I'd look at the scoreboard though, they'd be up by 10 or 14 or even more. No chalupas for us tonight, but they won by 18 and it wasn't even close after the first quarter.

Lastly, they clinched a playoff spot tonight. As LeBron put it though, they don't care about clinching a spot. Their goal is to win the championship. If they hadn't made the playoffs it would've been a catastrophe.

2 comments:

Plang said...

If you didn't get a picture with yourself and coach Sanctions holding a phone, then you really weren't using your opportunity very well, were you?

J Money said...

This seems like the kind of experience you could put on a sports blog.

You know, if you had access to one.