Friday, December 28, 2007

The family is heading down south (i.e near Canton) tonight for an annual get together. It should be fun, as it always is, but more somber thoughts can't help but creep into my head.

The prognosis on my grandmother is worse than I had originally been told. Previously, it was said that within 6 months she would begin to feel pain in her arm and that her life expectancy was 1-2 years. Now I've been told that she can start to feel pain at literally any moment and that her life expectancy is 6 months to 1 year. That's a hard pill to swallow for me, as she's essentially been another mother to me.

I recognize that I need to savor the time that we do have and absolutely make the most of it, but I'm having a hard time doing that while simultaneously thinking of what the near future holds. I've got to try to leave those thoughts for the future and not let them taint the present, but it's not easy.

No comments: