Wednesday, July 26, 2006

The screen door is installed. All the shelves have been put in place in the office and the giant map that I use to show all the baseball stadiums I've been to is up. The guest bed is there but still needs assembly, which should happen tonight. Then I just need to populate the shelves with crap and hang the rest of the pictures. The last interior thing I should need to buy are blinds for the skylight in my bedroom. After that, I believe the inside will be complete.

The last thing to do on the outside is pressure wash the siding. Well, a new roof is coming too. I thought it had 20 year shingles, but it turns out it's 15, and I'm on year 13. Rather than wait for more leaks to appear (2 small streams appeared in June due to 2 exposed nail heads, which has been corrected), I'm getting it taken care of now. 30 year dimensional shingles (burnt-sienna for those keeping score at home) and new roll material for the patio roof. The ridge vent will be re-done and all the flashing and crap around the skylights will be done too.

Hopefully they'll shoot the birds that keep throwing nest material through the gutter guards too. Especially the ones that hang out right outside my windows and CAW CAW CAW as loud as they can all morning. Then once I get up, they fly away and probably laugh amongst themselves. Stupid birds.

No comments: