Sunday, July 2, 2006

I saw Superman Returns yesterday. It was pretty good. I had no problems with the guy playing Superman. In general, it did nothing that seemed to create lasting negative opinions. I wouldn't buy it on DVD, but I'd watch it again if someone brought it over. On my scale I'll give it the benefit of the doubt and go with a 6. Would accept as a gift / would pay money to rent. I'm not sure that I would actually pay to rent it, but I would accept it as a gift. It seems a bit better than a 5 though, so I rounded up.

The special effects are good, but I don't think they're as mind-blowing as other people thought. Then again, maybe they are. I can only recall one part where I was taken out of the story by the effects, and that's just because I'm an idiot who notices the smallest thing. The goal of effects should be to be completely transparent. These ones seems to do the trick.

Also, I won a poker tournament last night. I was low chip count in the final three players (by a long shot) but somehow pulled it out. I think in the last 10 hands I played I went all-in in about 7 of them.

No comments: