Tuesday, December 2, 2003

I ordered a Purdue helmet from Blue Sky Magical Mystery Creation Machines and boy did they deliver. The helmet looks great, but it doesn't quite fit my big fat head. The helmet has earned 7 Boilermaker train decals, so I think they stole it from the punter. Here's some pictures of my unfinished sports-themed room. On the door is a Boiler Junction This Way sign that I remember literally flying off the wall in Tark and going down my shirt. I didn't even realize what happened until I was back in my room. Wierd. I also have the pennants of the Big 10 teams, with an extra Purdue at top. I ordered them from this website for $49.95. In the bottom left are the two shelves, the bottom one housing Purdue cups from as far back as 1997 when Purdue beat Michigan 9-3 and we stormed the field. That cup comes complete with grass from the field. Also on that shelf are the remains of my ridiculous balloon Rose Bowl hat. The top shelf has Indians cups from Jacobs Field dating back to 1995. The bottom right picture contains cups from other stadiums I've been to, like Milwaukee, Pittsburgh, Houston, Oakland, San Francisco, Los Angeles, and Texas. The ball is from Milwaukee during batting practice (after we saw the Pirates on consecutive days in Pittsburgh and Milwaukee). Pirates pitcher Todd Ritchie threw me about a 45 MPH curve ball that I missed by at least 10 inches. That's one of my proudest moments.

No comments: