Sunday, February 2, 2003

Yesterday is going to be one of those days where you never forget where you were when you first heard about it. There's only been a handful of days like that for me so far... First, the Challenger... I was sitting in school when the principal came over the speaker system. On 9/11 I was emailing back and forth about fantasy football with Justin (in NYC at the time) and m a co-worker said to look at my pager. I sent Justin a mail with more fantasy football and then asked him if he had heard anything about a plane flying into the World Trade Center. Yesterday I had just gotten out of the shower when I heard my mom leaving a message on my machine. I couldn't make it out from upstairs, so I finished getting ready and then I went downstairs. The message said that the space shuttle had disintegrated over Texas. Messages don't get much more shocking than that.

The first thing that popped into my mind was possible terrorism, because the first Israeli astronaut was on board. Unfortunately, it now seems that terrorism may be the first thing that pops into my mind whenever there is a serious accident.

No comments: