Wednesday, December 6, 2006

Now I know why school was closed on Monday and Tuesday in my city. I live near the lake, so I got relatively little snow (3 inches) because the lake temperature is still in the 50s (lake effect snow.) Three miles south of the lake they got 6 inches of snow on Monday and 9 inches of snow on Tuesday. Now it makes more sense as to why the schools were closed.

I can live in comfort now when it comes to the snow, but eventually (late January or February) the lake effect is going to be drilling me as the temperature of the lake will be much lower. Cleveland's west side rarely gets lake effect snow, but we east siders get it all the time because of the geography of Ohio. It's like two completely different cities. There was an article in the Cleveland Plain Dealer about who are better drivers and how the west siders think the east siders exaggerate their snowfalls and how the east siders think the west siders can't handle the slightest bit of snow.

Well, I think the east siders were proven correct. The west side got 5 inches of snow yesterday and basically came to a stand still. Commute times doubled plus some. In the mean time, I made it work as if nothing had changed.

East Siiiiiiiiiiiiide!

No comments: