Tuesday, March 7, 2006

Oh, how do I hate school? Let me count the ways... starting with group projects. It wouldn't be so bad except everyone is always stuck in a crappy group that does nothing. How that's possible I don't know. I've never heard anyone say "I love group projects!"

Half of my current group is playing idiot. "I don't know where to start. You picked the project and now I don't know what any of this means." How hard is it to take a bulletted flow chart and convert into a damn narrative? Not too hard. Add a few verbs and maybe some nouns to create things called "sentences." Once these "sentences" are in place, they will begin to take the form of a "paragraph." After a few dozen "paragraphs" it will be finished.

Is it wrong to want to hit your group members with a shovel? If that's wrong, then I don't want to be right.

No comments: