Wednesday, January 4, 2006

Two weeks ago I picked USC to win 35-27. The closer to the game it got though the less sure I was. I never fully switched to picking Texas, but today I may have been 51% picking Texas. I didn't really know what to expect in the game.


Now that it's here, here are some thoughts at halftime:

1. What the heck was Reggie Bush thinking when he lateraled the ball at about the 20 yard line? There was about a 5% chance of success on that play. All the momentum was with USC at that time and he needed to just go down after his 25 yard run.

2. If USC had kicked the field goal when they had 4th and 1 at the 19 they would've been up 10 - 0. Assuming Bush didn't lateral it and they scored a TD, they would've had a commanding 17 - 0 lead, and I think that would've been the ballgame.

3. What is the point of having replay in college football if they're not going to use it? What a joke that a team has to call a timeout in order for the freaking replay official to do his job. Guess what jerk face? The only job you have is to watch for plays and call a replay. That's it. What exactly were you doing when you saw Vince Young's knee down at the 10? Were you ordering a pizza? You obviously weren't watching the replays on TV. The team should not have to call a timeout in order for you to do your job. You'd think they'd make sure the replay guys were at the top of their game after the Michigan - Nebraska fiasco, but apparently that's too much to expect.

4. The USC players need shoes with longer cleats. Leinart has slipped down at least four times. Bush already had to change shoes.

5. It looks to me like USC is the more talented team but Texas is playing better. For a while the ball was flying all over the place on the ground, but the players seem to have settled down. The momentum really seemed to change when Texas went to the no-huddle on offense. USC's defense lost some of their composure when that happened.


The USC band played Spirit of Troy at halftime and I seriously thought that it was Beat It by Michael Jackson.

What do I expect in the second half? I think USC won't be so careless with the ball. I also think that Texas will play with more spirit out there. Who wins? I still think USC will win.

No comments: