Thursday, November 10, 2005

There is a huge HUGE LeBron James poster outside the Q - don't call me Gund - Arena. I'd estimate that it's 100 by 200. It's actually pretty mellow considering it's a Nike ad. It just shows him against a black background with some kind of insane dunk about to happen.

In other news the NFL has agreed to put a team back in Los Angeles. Since they've also said they will not be expanding, it's got to be one of the struggling teams. Can anyone say the New Orleans San Antonio Baton Rouge Saints? If they let that crap owner hit the proverbial jackpot in LA then someone should be puked upon, and it had better not be me. Of course I'm just speculating here, but if the NFL takes away New Orleans team now, after it was virtually destroyed, then there's something seriously wrong with the leadership of the league.

The only two other teams I can think of that are possible relocations possibilities are the Arizona Cardinals and the San Diego Chargers. San Diego has wanted a new stadium for years and even though they make $100 million a year in profit they claim they can't afford to build one. Interesting. It's the same sob story from the Cardinals. Oh no! I had to sell my 88th Bentley the other day in order to finance my wifes 17 caret anniversary ring. Oh the humanity! Won't someone please take pity on me and build my poor fledgling team a stadium?

No comments: