Sunday, May 22, 2005

The following tale encompasses my thoughts of Star Wars Episode III: Revenge of the Sith.
If you don't want anything spoiled then don't read this.



The highs:

1. The acting was not nearly as poor as in the first two movies.
2. The writing, while still sub-par, also wasn't as bad as in the first two movies.
3. Space battles!
4. James Earl Jones' voice!
5. Plenty of lightsaber goodness.
6. Tied in well with episode IV.
7. There was actually some powerful imagery (in the Jedi temple before Anakin dispatches the children.)
8. Jar Jar was in it for maybe a total of 20 seconds.
9. Chewbacca.



The lows:

1. I didn't like the "camera" work in the space battle. I would rather see it from a range rather than be attached to a moving/spinning ship.
2. Darth Vader sounded like a pansy at the end when he found out Padme was dead. I was expecting more of an emotionless bad ass.
3. Most of the Jedi masters didn't put up much of a fight... especially versus the Emperor. Within 3 seconds 5 of them we dead. Who promoted so many crappy masters is what I want to know.
4. Jar Jar was in it.
5. The Emperor came off as too psycho to me. I could've done without some of the maniacal laughter.



All in all it was definitely the best of the new episodes. I'd still rate it 4th in the series though. Was it entertaining? After the first 20 minutes, yes it was. Would I accept it as a gift? Yes I would. Will I purchase it? Maybe.

So, with that said, I'd give it a rating of 8. Would Purchase if I was in the mood and happened across it.

No comments: