Saturday, February 26, 2005

I was part of an investigation today. I had just got my car washed, and I was sitting at a stoplight getting ready to hop on the highway - not really paying much attention. Just then I heard a crash and a car skidding out of control. Apparently a Green Dodge Neon coupe headed down the offramp and kept going through a red light and rammed into a SUV going through that intersection. The Neon spun up and the SUV pulled off the road under a bridge. The Neon seemed to be following it, but then it got onto the highway. A Black Toyota Tundra going the opposite way of the original SUV stopped and apparently told the guy he saw everything and would follow the Neon. I followed the Neon too. The Neon went down to the next exit (with a completely shredded right front tire and the rim at an unhealthy angle). I got it's plate and talked to the guy in the Tundra at a stop light. The Tundra followed the Neon to a BP gas station and I went to a police sub-station. The Tundra blocked that guy in since he had called a Camry to come pick him up. I told the cops that the guy was at the BP and gave him the plates. Just them I see the Tundra coming up the road my way. We pulled off, exchanged info, and then he left and I went back to the BP to see what was happening. By then there were 3 cop cars from 2 different cities talking to the guy. I don't know if they were aware that the Camry was with that guy or not, because he was leaving and they didn't seem to care. So I followed that guy and he pulled off the road before getting on the highway. By then it was too late for me to inconspicuously go somewhere, so I just got on the highway and left.

No comments: