Thursday, November 13, 2003

Once upon a time I predicted the Browns would finish 6-10 this year. I heard various comments ranging from "You are an idiot." to "You are the Norse god of thunder."

It now appears that the Browns will be lucky to get to 6-10. They just cut Kevin Johnson and now William Green has been suspended for 4 games.

On a non-related NFL note, the friggin Cavs are frustrating to watch again. When they play together, I think they have the chance to be very good. Maybe as the season goes on they'll understand how to run a cohesive offense. I hope so.

I was watching the Warriors - Pistons game last night and I thought I recognized number 35 for the Warriors. It turned out it was Brian Cardinal. They were calling him the Janitor last night, because he was cleaning up all the loose balls. They also said that he has become the 2nd leading scorer on Golden State, after being an unsigned invite to camp. I liked Cardinal when he was at Purdue and I like his style now. Sure, there's an elbow here or there, but he gives it his all on every play. The rest of the pampered NBA can learn a lesson from that.

No comments: