Wednesday, July 30, 2003

There's a new trend sweeping baseball that I can't quite wrap my head around. It goes something like this:

Team 1 places a call to Team 2.

Team 1: Hey Team 2, you have this player that we would really like to have. It would be terrific if we could work something out, because man, I'll tell you... having this guy would go a long way to making us a legitimate World Series contender.

Team 2: Wow. That's really wonderful. I would love to help you out. Man. Gee whiz. Golly. That's just great.

Team 1: This is where it gets tricky though Team 2. I can't offer you anything of any value except for my enduring love and friendship, and maybe a gift certificate to McDonald's.

Team 2: Excellent! That's even more than I had hoped for. Wow. Love and friendship. What more does a baseball club need? Throwing a McDonald's gift certificate in just clinches the deal. Man alive! I've never been so happy.

Team 1: You know what Team 2? You're my favorite team ever! It's been a real pleasure to work with you in this trade.

Team 2: No, no, no! The pleasure is all mine. Please let me know if there are any more players of mine that I can give you. I really covet your friendship Team 1, and anything I can do to solidify that is ok by me.

No comments: