Sunday, June 8, 2003

Here's my review of Cedar Point. Important thing to note is that Top Thrill Dragster was down all day, but that it does appear to be very tall when you are standing right next to it.

Raptor - I felt that it was running too fast, due to the fact that it did not have it's trim brakes on because of the "enthusiasts" who prefer no brakes. I however, like Raptor to run with the trim brakes on, because it runs with less intensity. In my old age, I can't handle the extra G's that the increase in speed brings. Even though Raptor is #1 on my list of coasters, I give the rides on Friday a rating of 5/10.

Disaster Transport - They have supposedly added some 3D theming to the ride, and they have definitely fixed up the theming in the queue line. They had the air conditioning blasting throughout, and the black lights were in full effect. There are now less lights during the actual ride, so that helps it quite a bit. I give it a rating of 6/10. It's a nice ride to go on when it's hot outside.

Wicked Twister - It seemed to me that the launch was a bit faster than normal, causing us to come closer to the end of the ride. It's a good little ride, and the wait wasn't too long. 7/10.

WildCat - This was my first ride on the WildCat and I tihnk I've been missing out all these years. The cars are quite a bit bigger than I thought they would be and the ride is very fun. There are quick drops and turns all over the place. It's not the biggest or the fastest, but it's really fun. I give WildCat a 9/10.

Blue Streak - We sat in the second row and there was tons of air time. I think it was the most air time on Blue Streak that I can ever remember. I give Blue Streak a 8/10.

Cedar Creek Mine Ride - The Arrow mine trains are not meant for a person with long legs. I had to cross them at the ankles and stuff them as far under the seat as I could. That said, it wasn't all that uncomfortable. The ride is pretty smooth. Cedar Creek Mine Ride gets a 6/10.

Gemini Blue - We rode the blue train in the front, which is where I prefer to sit. It's much smoother there. It was in the rain however, so there was a bit of the feeling that we were going to fly right off the track. I like Gemini though. It's a quick line (as long as they run both trains) and that's always good. Gemini Blue gets a 8/10.

Gemini Red - We rode this train in the back. Because of the air time, and the whipping effect going over hills it bashed my shins quite a lot. I don't like the back on the Gemini anyway. The red train in the back gets a 4/10.

Magnum - I never really liked Magnum to begin with, so this ride didn't have much going for it. If you have short legs, you can get massive airtime, but again I am screwed because I can't lift my feet off the ground. The climb up to the top didn't seem to take nearly as long as I remember it, but that could be because I was distracted on the way up, which was good. I enjoy the pretzel helix, where you are nearly horizontal to the ground, and the return trip is full of tunnels and air time. I just don't enjoy it for some reason. Magnum gets a 5/10.

Millenium Force - This was the first ride of the day -- not exactly a small ride to start off the day. We had just eaten McDonalds about 30 minutes earlier also. This was the longest line of the day, but was still a short 30 minutes. I can recall trips where the lines were easily 4 hours long. I'm not at all intimidated by the Force anymore, and I don't know why that is. I remember I was going to have a heart attack in line for my first ride on it, but now I'm totally fine with it. It's very very fast, and the first drop is great from the front seat. We sat in the back though, so you don't get as much of that "falling out of the seat because the drop is so steep" feeling. Ryan apparently was dying though, but he did a good job of hiding that. The ride was a little slower than normal because it was still quite cold outside (it was 6:30 AM afterall), but still plenty fast to get the heart racing. I get Millenium Force a 8/10 on that day.

Overall the trip was very good. We got to ride everything I wanted to ride except for Dragster which was down. The lunch was pretty good, and the hotties were out in full force. If I go to Coaster Mania next year, I will definitely have to get more sleep.

No comments: