Thursday, July 15, 2010

LeBron supposedly will take out a full page ad in the Cleveland Plain Dealer tomorrow.  My guess is that it goes like one of these two ways.

First (and much more likely):

Dear Cleveland Fans,

My PR people have written you this letter from me because my reputation is in the toilet right now after my distasteful informercial last week. If I ever want to salvage my brand anywhere outside of Miami I need to "reconcile" with my hometown, whom I treated like the temple priest in the Temple of Doom and ripped out your still beating heart.  Sorry about that.  The truth is I just woke up on the morning of July 9 and decided that Miami would be fun.  That's the truth.  I swear.  I never premeditated anything with Mike Miller during the NBA finals.  I never told Wade and Bosh that I wanted to play with them last year.  I just woke up and thought, "Hmm, Miami sounds nice."  I never meant to hurt your feelings.  Akron will always be my hometown and I'll do you proud.  What?  Oh.  I mean Cleveland.  I love Cleveland.  Go Cowboys!  I mean Yankees!  No, no, go Cleveland State!  Yay Ohio!

Sincerely,

Anonymous Nike PR rep


Second (and less likely):

Dear Cleveland,

You suck.  I'm better than you.

P.S. Go Heat!

2 comments:

mmmookie said...

The media is saying he is a 25 year old kid and didn't know any better... 25 years old is not a kid. In fact, insurance rates drop at 25 b/c they feel like you are no longer a kid. HE should have known better.

Doing a show could have worked if he would have talked to the Cleveland management first. Everyone knew he was going to Miami.

i sure hope he didn't quit in the playoffs.

i think eventually, the hate will wear off. It wore off Kobe, though it took LeBron to do it.

Also, i'd like it if he wrote the 2nd letter... or one like Dan Gilbert

J Money said...

btw, insurance rates dropping at 25 is pretty much a myth.