Friday, June 2, 2006

Once again I did not get all of the information, or the info I got was not correct. My Grandmother did not have an appointment with the oncolygist today. The appointment was with her surgeon. She had the drains removed, and the surgeon explained what type of cancer she had or still has. Unfortunately, it is the most aggressive type. The surgeon said that it's possible that they removed all of it in the surgery, but there is also a possibility that there is still more there located somewhere else. They won't know that until she gets a bone scan and a CAT scan. That appointment is being made today and will probably take place in a week or two. Then a week or two after that is the oncology appointment.

My Grandmother does not want to have chemotherapy no matter what though apparently. She asked what would happen if it's all gone and she doesn't get chemo, and the doctor told her it could come back and she would have to deal with it at that time. She also has said that if the cancer has spread, then she isn't going to have radiation or chemo, and is just going to go on for as long as she can. I think that's not the right way to go about it, but it's not my choice.

Anyway, I'll post more as I learn it.

No comments: