Sunday, October 30, 2005

You have been given a free car with two spitulations. First, it must be American made. Second, it must be a sedan.

What do you choose?

For me two cars immediately stand out: The Cadillac CTS-V and the Chrysler 300C SRT-8. I've sat in the back of a CTS-V and my knees were in my chest and my head was tilted 45 degrees to the side because of the low roofline in the back. I never sat in the front, but I imagine it's quite manageable. Since I would never be in the back only my guests would complain, which is why the CTS is in the group. I like the baby Bentley styling of the 300C but it's all over the road, and I like to be different. I guess if I had any car for free then I'd go with the CTS-V.

What else is there? Buick? Please. Chevy? The best they've got is the Impala SS and that's pretty bland. I could get a Neon SRT-4 and blow a lot of wannabe's away, but then I'd go deaf in the process, and who in their right mind would take a Neon over a CTS? The Lincoln LS V-8 is nice but they take the fun away by only offering an automatic and the power is nowhere near the top 2 anyway. Why does the Grand PRix GXP have 33 more horsepower than the Bonneville GXP? That's just plain stupid.

No comments: